CovertAction Magazine and CovertAction Quarterly are projects of CovertAction Institute, Inc., a not-for-profit organization incorporated in the State of New York.
- *Philip Agee
- *William Kunstler
- *Michael Ratner
- *Ellen Ray
- *William Schaap
- *James Wilcott
- *Elsie Wilcott
- Louis Wolf
- Chris Agee, Executive Editor, CovertAction Magazine; CUNY, SUNY, Socialism and Democracy
- Sam Alcoff, Democracy Now!
- Stephen M. Brown, Progressive Radio Network, Pacifica Radio
- Mark Cook, Investigative Journalist
- John Kiriakou, Former CIA Analyst and Case Officer
- Josh Klein, Iona College
- Jeremy Kuzmarov, Managing Editor, CovertAction Magazine
- Maureen LaMar, CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies
- Michael Locker, Co-founder, North American Congress on Latin America (NACLA)
- Mimi Rosenberg, WBAI and Legal Aid Society
- Lauren Smith, Investigative Journalist
- Louis Wolf, Co-founder, CovertAction Information Bulletin and CovertAction Quarterly
Board of Advisors
- *William Blum, Anti-Empire Report, Former U.S. State Department
- Dennis J. Bernstein, Flashpoints, Pacifica Radio
- *Tom Burgess, City University of New York
- Michel Chossudovsky, Global Research
- Jack Colhoun, Investigative Journalist
- Hester Eisenstein, Queens College and CUNY Graduate Center
- David Giglio, Our Hidden History
- Eva Golinger, Lawyer, Author and Journalist
- Jennifer Harbury, Immigration and Human Rights Attorney
- Maureen LaMar, City University of New York
- Clarence Lusane, Investigative Journalist
- Wayne Madsen, Wayne Madsen Report
- Charles Hetram Mohan, City University of New York
- Bill Montross, CovertAction Quarterly
- James Petras, State University of New York
- Karen Ranucci, Democracy Now!
- Margaret Ratner Kunstler, Institute for Media Analysis
- Stephanie Reich, Investigative Journalist
- Ralph Schoenman, Personal Secretary to Bertrand Russell
- Mya Shone, Pacifica Radio
- Christopher Simpson, American University
- Cliff Smith, Former U.S. State Department
- Hobart Spalding, City University of New York
- Jesús Rafael Velázquez, Universitario IUT Cumaná
- Victor Wallis, Berklee College of Music, Socialism and Democracy
- Colonel Ann Wright, Retired U.S. Army and State Department
- Melvin L. Wulf, Beldock, Levine & Hoffman LLP
Staff & Volunteers
- Chris Agee
- Sam Alcoff
- Stephen M. Brown
- Mark Cook
- David Giglio
- Josh Klein
- John Kiriakou
- Jeremy Kuzmarov
- Maureen LaMar
- Michael Locker
- Bill Montross
- Stephanie Reich
- Mimi Rosenberg
- Lauren Smith
- Louis Wolf
Twenty-eighteen was the 40th anniversary of the founding of Covert Action Publications, Inc. and the publication CovertAction Information Bulletin (CAIB), later to be named CovertAction Quarterly (CAQ). Former writers and publishers of CAIB and CAQ have relaunched as CovertAction Magazine (CAM).
The relaunch team is headed up by the co-founder, publisher and writer, Louis Wolf, as well as our tried and true investigative journalists, professors, organizers, funders, proofreaders and legal representation. The expanded team includes Chris Agee, William Blum, Jack Colhoun, Michel Chossudovsky, Mark Cook, Jennifer Harbury, Bill Montross, Immanuel Ness, James Petras, Karen Ranucci, Stephanie Reich, Hobart Spalding, Victor Wallis and Melvin L. Wulf, all of whom worked with, and/or wrote for, the magazine in the past.
New talent that has come on board for the relaunch include Sam Alcoff, Steve Brown, Tom Burgess, Hester Eisenstein, Victoria Gamez, David Giglio, Josh Klein, Maureen LaMar, Michael Locker, and Chuck Mohan, to name a few. All together, the expanded team specializes in a variety of social justice issues including intervention, war, covert action, intelligence, political economy, imperialism, labor, repression, surveillance, media, racial justice, sexism, environmentalism, and immigration.
The relaunch team also intends to, among other things, publish several books including an annual compilation of the best of CAM, an encyclopedia of espionage and a republication of CIA Diary: Inside the Company and On The Run by Philip Agee, volumes which will include Philip Agee’s iconic articles and papers.
To support this effort, you can subscribe, donate and/or purchase a full back-issue set of all 78 issues that ran from 1978 to 2005. The set is undoubtedly an unparalleled resource of U.S. domestic and foreign policy history found nowhere else!
We welcome more talent, political savvy and diversity! Please send cover letter and C.V. to the Editors. We are particularly interested in writers, editors, web developers, fundraising and development associates, managers and Advisory Board members.
CovertAction Magazine is made possible by subscriptions, orders and donations from readers like you.
When you donate to CovertAction Magazine, you are supporting investigative journalism. Your contributions go directly to supporting the development, production, editing, and dissemination of the Magazine.
CovertAction Magazine does not receive corporate or government sponsorship. Yet, we hold a steadfast commitment to providing compensation for writers, editorial and technical support. Your support helps facilitate this compensation as well as increase the caliber of this work.
Please make a donation by clicking on the donate logo above and enter the amount and your credit or debit card information.
CovertAction Magazine, CovertAction Quarterly and CovertAction Information Bulletin are projects of CovertAction Institute, Inc., a not-for-profit organization incorporated in the State of New York.
We sincerely thank you for your support.
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s). CovertAction Institute, Inc. (CAI), including its Board of Directors (BD), Editorial Board (EB), Advisory Board (AB), staff, volunteers and its projects (including CovertAction Magazine) are not responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect statement in this article. This article also does not necessarily represent the views the BD, the EB, the AB, staff, volunteers, or any members of its projects.
Differing viewpoints: CAM publishes articles with differing viewpoints in an effort to nurture vibrant debate and thoughtful critical analysis. Feel free to comment on the articles in the comment section and/or send your letters to the Editors, which we will publish in the Letters column.
Copyrighted Material: This web site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. As a not-for-profit charitable organization incorporated in the State of New York, we are making such material available in an effort to advance the understanding of humanity’s problems and hopefully to help find solutions for those problems. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. You can read more about ‘fair use’ and US Copyright Law at the Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School.
Republishing: CovertAction Magazine (CAM) grants permission to cross-post CAM articles on not-for-profit community internet sites as long as the source is acknowledged together with a hyperlink to the original CovertAction Magazine article. Also, kindly let us know at info@CovertActionMagazine.com. For publication of CAM articles in print or other forms including commercial internet sites, contact: info@CovertActionMagazine.com.
By using this site, you agree to these terms above.